Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building for long-term success, which now includes a new world-class stadium and Training Centre.
ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES:
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG), Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018 and is spearheading the most prestigious new stadium and redevelopment projects worldwide ranging from NHL Seattle to the New York Islanders’ new Belmont Park Arena. Other current projects include; Inter Miami, MLS St. Louis, and the Oakland A’s.
SALES MANAGER ROLE OVERVIEW:
The Sales Manager, reporting to the Director of Sales, will be responsible for selling available THFC, THW, and stadium event revenues. The ideal candidate is a positive disrupter: someone who has the unique talent of making quick, meaningful connections with people; a results driven premium hospitality individual who is naturally motivated to identify new sales targets and nurture client relationships in the live entertainment industry. Ideally this person will have an established network within Manchester (or the surrounding area) and can hit the ground running from day one. Whilst this person needs to be commercially savvy it is imperative they are able to passionately communicate our mission of becoming Europe’s best and most sustainable live entertainment arena.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals for a menu of premium hospitality products
- Prospect and engage C-Level/decision making executives and high net worth individual buyers through creative lead generation methods and close deals
- Execute and lead dynamic sales presentations using virtual sales tools, external appointments, phone prospecting, social selling and events to close contracts
- Proficient in cold outreach to new clients using various methods – cold calling, LinkedIn, email, face to face appointments
- Effectively follow up with customers and prospective customers in order to build relationships to help drive business and to meet excellent customer service requirements
- Attend external events with the purpose of selling, networking, gathering leads and sales prospects
- Contribute positively to a competitive sales team culture and participate in sales team meetings and training sessions
- Regularly produce accurate updates on prospecting activity, sales performance, outside appointment and event recaps
A. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable
- 5+ years of experience within the sports and entertainment industry as a top performing revenue generator, preferable within the premium hospitality space
- Must have above quota track record selling premium seating products with a team, event, property, and/or venue
- Experience negotiating contracts in the 5 to 6 figure annual range
- Experience pitching and presenting to decision makers
- Excellent network within Manchester or the surrounding area
- Ability to creatively source and target new clients
- Can craft the best means to reach those targets and execute with the perfect mix of efficiency and hard work ethic to get deals over the line
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness
- Must have an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of their job
- Must be flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole
- Must possess strong communication skills; must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong, active listening skills
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritise tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Must be commercially focused on achieving and surpassing revenue goals within a highly sales focused organisation
- Must have the ability to maintain professional behaviour and appearance
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others, and company documents and records
- Personal Attributes
- Driven and hungry for success
- An action orientated hustler
- Impeccable integrity
- A subtle ability to sell anything to anyone
- Charismatic with the ability to form relationships with people at all levels
- Commercially aware, with the desire to be known in the industry
- A champion of excellence and perfect delivery
- Enjoys industry networking
- May be required to travel to London or the States (OVG and Elevate regional offices)
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend all events
Send your resume to [email protected] to apply for this position. Please put Sales Manager – Tottenham in the subject line.
This position is open to all qualified candidates. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability in connection with the application process, you may contact us at [email protected].
We are proud to be an equal opportunity/veterans/disabled/ LGBT employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.