Tottenham Hotspur is a world famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building a platform for long-term success, which includes a new world-class stadium.
The Premium Sales team, within which the role is based, sources and engages customers to buy premium experiences. Packages range from seasonal memberships and executive suites to matchday sponsorships and premium seats, and clients include companies or individuals.
The Sales and Membership Manager role is based out of the Club’s headquarters in Lilywhite House and will be focused on retention of the Club’s existing seasonal Members, along with securing new seasonal, THFC matchday and third-party event revenue for the Club. Due to the nature of the role, the position will include shift-work to include mornings, evenings, weekends and/or Bank Holidays, so a flexible candidate is sought.
To work with the Venue Director and Commercial Manager to execute a retention and contract extension strategy for all levels of premium membership.
To secure maximum sales across matchday premium offerings for Tottenham Hotspur events, in line with company culture. To maximise revenue by selling across other events and opportunities from within the THFC portfolio.
To meet or exceed individual targets, including sell-out of Premium Suite and Seat.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Deliver against agreed seasonal sales and retention targets to maximise seasonal occupancy, both individual and team
- Deliver timely sales reports to the Commercial Manager
- Deliver on individual and team premium sales targets
- Manage delivery of targeted initiatives to maximise sales
- Represent the Club positively at match days, PR events, exhibitions and conferences, with a view to maximising sales
- Identify, proactively instigate and conduct client meetings/interactions via research and telesales
- Negotiate closure of sales and manage handover to Membership Services Team
- Track weekly performance against agreed targets and manage sales pipeline
- Lead the THFC Sales Team if Commercial Manager is absent
- Thinks ahead, generates ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to high standards, takes responsibility
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal and networking skills
- Gifted negotiator and influencer
- Creative, energetic and target driven
- Thrives under pressure
- Can work under own initiative but is a supportive team member
- Strong personal work ethic
- Leadership ability
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record in sales and consistently exceeding individual targets (evidence and references required)
- Consistently exceeds activity levels and KPIs
- Expertise in developing sales strategies and developing new business
- Excels in strategic prospecting and cold calling capability at executive level.
- Presentation-writing skills
- Exceptional network of contacts
- Expert knowledge of the premium experience market
- Is highly adept at Consultative selling