The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
FTC from August 2021 – July 2022 during feasibility study.
It Is Responsible For/supports
This role sits at the centre of the five-association feasibility study into the possibility of the UK&I bidding to host the 2030 FIFA World Cup. A varied role that will bring a focus on integration and delivery across the partnership.
- Programme: Ensure all workstreams of the feasibility are well planned and reported on leading to effective execution
- Cities and Stadia Appraisal: support the evaluation of UK&I cities and stadia against anticipated FIFA criteria
- Projects: Support in scoping other areas of a potential bid e.g. transport, commercial, sustainability, security
- Support Services: Act as a key interface for wider support services for the Feasibility team e.g. procurement, recruitment
- Work with workstream leads to ensure comprehensive and realistic delivery plans are in place
- Collaborate with other Integrated Project Management Office (IPMO) members i.e. UK and Republic of Ireland Government, to produce integrated plans and reporting that satisfies stakeholder needs
- Manage Risks, Issues and Dependencies across the project developing mitigation plans where required
- Management of key stakeholders to ensure that all parties are fully integrated and aligned
- Governance support to the various forums that lead on the feasibility work
Cities and Stadia Appraisal
- Developing a deep understanding of previous bid processes and anticipated FIFA criteria for 2030
- Working with partners to coordinate a consistent approach for evaluating cities and stadia
- Establishing relationships with city/stadia stakeholders
- Provide support in scoping for other areas of a bid e.g. transport, commercial, sustainability, security
- Deliver ad hoc projects where required e.g. Research and Insight, Budget Development