The Senior Campaigns Manager will lead on planning and delivering key participation and event marketing campaigns
Support the Head of Content and Campaigns to develop integrated marketing strategies based on insights to drive growth in the numbers playing rugby and selling key events
Work with rugby development, customer strategy, communications, brand and content teams to develop integrated marketing campaigns to grow the numbers involved with rugby – both playing and supporting.
The job holder is accountable for:
- Planning and leading on marketing campaigns to deliver growth in participation
- Planning and leading on marketing campaigns to sell key matches and events
- Working with rugby development team to shape strategic campaigns
- Oversee the project management of key campaigns from research to delivery and evaluation
- Ensure an integrated process is in place across Digital, Marketing and Communications department
- Developing campaign briefs against business, marketing and communications objectives.
- Engaging with and managing external agencies where required
- Ensuring all campaigns have clear and consistent messaging across all relevant England Rugby channels
- Support sponsorship team in developing sponsor activity to support community rugby projects
- Ensuring all campaigns are aligned to KPIs set out in the Strategic Plan
- Manage a team to deliver high quality standards in agreed areas
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIPR, CAM, CIM or equivalent) desirable.
- Proven track record in developing and delivering successful participation and event marketing campaigns
- Excellent project management skills to lead a team and projects
- Experience of working cross function and delivering integrated campaigns
- Experience in working with agencies and internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of marketing disciplines from budget management, campaign briefing, agency management, channel and communications planning, execution and measurement
- Excellent writing ability with style adaptable to suit different communication tools and audiences.
- Sound commercial judgment and decision making capability, with the ability to handle sensitive issues effectively.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work load
- Good knowledge of grassroots rugby desirable
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Self-starter – willing to adapt, react and generate ideas
- Innovative – open to trying new ideas and stays on top of trends
- Collaborative, team player, personable and inquisitive
- Willingness to work unscheduled hours, which may include evenings and weekends
- All Role Holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence.
- Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends
- Roles holders not based at the Twickenham headquarters must be available to work from there as and when required.
- The role description, person specification, role grade and role title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate.
Please note, this is a 12 month fixed term maternity contract