Vision Nine are seeking to recruit a Senior Festivals Manager to take a leading role in the Event Management team working across award-winning portfolio of festivals and events. The role will involve taking the overall project lead on multiple events with the additional responsibility of leading the creative project management across all events.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of festival management and be able to demonstrate multiple examples of robust commercial management on events of varying scales and sizes. In addition, they will be able to demonstrate past experience in delivering the creative vision of festivals from brief through to on the ground delivery.
You will be highly organised and have the ability to lead multiple projects and multi task efficiently whilst keeping all stakeholders informed, be able to respond quickly and dynamically to the needs of projects, constantly assessing and prioritising work for yourself and your team and have an in-depth understanding of the holistic view of projects enabling strategical thinking and decision making.
In your role you will be required to take the lead and run projects cross departmentally to ensure efficiency of delivery, execute all avenues of work with strategical thought processes enabling forecasting, planning and decision making that benefits the wider business, and quickly develop an in-depth understanding of all other departments within the business and how your role integrates into departmental needs.
You will be a clear and calm communicator, being able to remain calm under pressure and show strong leadership qualities in pressured decision making. You will be prepared to go above and beyond what is required and take pride in achieving outstanding results.
Your role will require you to use your existing detailed knowledge of the festival industry to contribute ideas to event development and feasibility strategies, bring in new ideas and influences to Vision Nine projects to drive development and creative working and be able to translate ideas or briefs from clients or other departments into feasible solutions.
- Working with the Festivals Director and MD in the creation of the event strategy
- Working with the Festivals Director and MD in the financial planning of each event, including 5-year plans and the annual setting of all budgets
- Taking accountability for and manage overall festival budgets
- On-going overall event budget management, ensuring all accounts processes are being kept up to date
- Being the point of contact for all departments for issues or questions affecting the overall delivery of the event with a particular focus on questions or issues that may affect the financial, political or customer view of the event
- Assisting in day to day management of the Event Management team
- Overseeing the planning of staffing resource required at each event and the associated hiring and contracting processes
- Working with Festivals Director and MD in strategic planning and direction of content for all events including sports, music and alternative content
- Overseeing the strategic planning, creative direction and booking of all non-music content at the event/festival
- Overseeing onsite event management of all key areas of projects and events including processes, administration, programming and content
- Ensuring overall smooth delivery and management for all teams including production, marketing, rights and partnerships, music, and creative
- Working closely with the creative team on briefs, concepts and top level branding for the festivals, and managing festival décor through to delivery including budget management, freelancer and supplier management, team theme and print requirements
- Developing and overseeing ticketing strategy and plans with senior management and finance team including forecasting and monitoring
- Working with the rights and partnerships team to ensure all event revenues are managed and collaboratively working to develop further show assets.
You are a creative and strategic thinker with extensive knowledge of producing events, leading teams and an in depth understanding of all aspects of commercial events. You will be primarily involved in overseeing the development, organisation and delivery of all projects, events and festivals. You will also need an excellent understanding of all other key areas; creative, marketing, rights and partnerships, production, site management, administration and coordination. You will be highly organised and commercially minded with financial accountabilities enabling you to effectively plan, guide and deliver multiple complex events, projects and Festivals. As a key leader within the event management team you will oversee existing projects and drive forward new ideas as well as having a hand in managing the team. You will be a meticulous and detailed planner able to meet deadlines. Happy to travel and work events away from home including some weekends.