In 2021, England will host the largest team sporting event in the world that year – the Rugby League World Cup, which will be the biggest and best ever in its history that dates back to 1954 when the tournament began.
32 competing nations in the men’s, women’s and wheelchair competitions will play in 61 matches across 21 venues, including St James’ Park, Elland Road, Anfield, Emirates Stadium, M&S Bank Arena and Old Trafford. The most inclusive sport played in the biggest venues across the country.
We are on a mission to create inspirational moments that excite, engage and leave a long-lasting legacy.
Led by our values of being Bold & Brave, World Class, Authentic and Inclusive, we are looking for the best talent to join our team.
You’ll be responsible for providing assistance to the sponsorship sales team at RLWC2021 in helping to secure commercial sponsors and partners.
You’ll be keeping up to speed on business news, being tenacious to create and follow up leads, supporting the creation of proposals and documents, and using research and data tools to develop an insight led approach to engaging the business community.
We want to bring the RLWC2021 vision to life for businesses and support the development of mutually beneficial partnerships to meet the brand and business objectives for both the tournament and our partners.
We’ve made good progress to date with Eversheds Sutherland, Deloitte and Manchester Metropolitan University all announced as RLWC2021 Official Partners. With the RLWC2021 now less than two years away, we require an exceptional sales executive to join the team and to continue building this momentum.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
• Providing support on sponsorship sales initiatives, including:
• Researching new prospects and staying up to date with current business and sponsorship trends.
• Developing an insight-led sales approach and extracting data from tools we use.
• Creating and attending meetings, taking notes and following up with actions.
• Updating the sales pipeline and database.
• Supporting the creation of compelling sponsorship presentations and proposals.
• Supporting the delivery of RLWC2021 tournament objectives via new sponsorships and partnerships.
• Representing and networking as an ambassador for the RLWC2021 at events and meetings. • Assume additional duties as required, and actively contribute to RLWC2021 values.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Educated to degree level, or equivalent.
• Good understanding of sport (particularly the commercial side of it).
• An interest in corporate news, with an eye for new business opportunities.
• Ability to interpret data and insight.
• An excellent communicator.
• Enjoys multi-tasking, working in a fast-paced environment, and being part of a small and agile team.
• Ability to take ownership of the workload and deliver timely solutions. • Strong attention to detail.
• High computer proficiency.