The Football Association is recruiting for the unique and exciting role of Stadium Director at Wembley Stadium. This is a high-profile leadership role in the organisation, reporting into the Deputy CEO. You will provide leadership and strategic direction to the Wembley Stadium Management team, ensuring that all events are appropriately and effectively planned and safely delivered.
Working with relevant senior colleagues to seek continuous improvements in the overall venue operation to enhance both the reputation and commercial success of the Stadium, you will lead and inspire key teams including Event Planning & Delivery, Stadium Maintenance & Capital Project Delivery, Club Wembley and Health & Safety.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- To develop short- and long-term strategies, ensuring Wembley Stadium continues to deliver a first-class venue management service to all Event Owners & other customer groups.
- To be responsible for the operational delivery for all events at Wembley and playing a fundamental role in returning increased revenues to Wembley.
- Develop effective relationships with all delivery partners and stakeholders and maintain Wembley Stadium’s position as the natural first choice venue for major events in the UK.
- To be responsible for the financial performance and delivery of divisional budget.
- To oversee the planning & delivery of transport operations for events.
- To help develop the strategy and advise on the operational delivery for public order and safety planning for all events.
- To ensure that all capital projects are delivered and planned ensuring maximum efficiency and minimal disruption to the event calendar with the correct levels of governance and budgetary control in place.
- To oversee the total Facilities Management services at Wembley Stadium to ensure the venue is compliant and operationally ready on both event days and non-event days.
- To support development and delivery of the sustainability strategy for Wembley Stadium
- To lead the Club Wembley strategy and team to ensure sales, revenues and renewals are maximized to meet challenging year on year targets.
- To lead the Wembley Stadium Marketing & Comms teams to create a high-profile external presence and to ensure there is a high value ROI for marketing campaigns and strategy.
- Ensure the FA is fully compliant with Health and Safety legislation across all operations.
- As a key leader in the business, responsible for developing a clear & sustainable departmental structure which provides an appropriate level of in-house expertise in all key event types as well as personal development & learning opportunities for team members.
What are we looking for?
- Significant strategic and operational leadership experience of the planning and delivery of major sporting and music events in a high profile, complex venue.
- Experience in the creation and delivery of strategic plans, with clear action plans and KPIs
- Exceptional leadership experience of large, diverse, multi-purpose teams.
- Proven experience for the financial performance and delivery of significant budgets.
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and experience of leading, assessing and managing event and venue related risks.
How to apply
Applications for the role of Stadium Director at The FA will be managed externally by PSD Group.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To formally apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Tuesday 10th October 2023.
As part of The FA’s commitment to ensuring a safe environment for everyone in football, every employee will be required to complete a DBS check. The level of the check required will be based on the activity of the specific job role and in line with legislation and government guidance.