Through strong leadership and relationships with key partners, deliver the highest possible standards in event safety and an exceptional event experience for Event Owners, Club Wembley members and fans.
- To develop the strategy and advise on the operational delivery for public order and safety planning for all events at Wembley. Aligning the practices and processes of the stadium crowd safety, with the external emergency service providers and co-ordinating with all other FA Group business strategies, including but not limited to, the stadium crisis management and business recovery policies
- Take responsibility to be the Lead Safety Officer for major events at Wembley Stadium
- Ensure that the Crowd Safety team receive clear messages and focus their planning accordingly as per the intelligence received
- To develop exceptional relationships with the local authority, SGSA and stadium emergency service providers, particularly the Metropolitan Police Service. Working in partnership, and with trust, to deliver continuous improvement of stadium operations for all events and deliver mutual benefits and efficiencies across all agencies
- To lead discussions with key stakeholders regarding the stadium external footprint, understanding the impact of the developing site surrounding the stadium, identifying key issues and developing and implementing associated strategies
- To manage and deliver the Event Control Room whilst also managing a pool of event day safety officers
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
- Experienced in writing and delivering strategic plans, with clear action plans and KPIs
- Proven successful experience as a Safety Officer at a major stadium.
- Significant understanding and experience of crowd safety management and related public disorder strategies
- Experience of cultivating a consistent best practice behaviour
- Significant understanding and awareness of the relevant applicable legislation for venues and major events
- Vocational or academic qualifications in sport or leisure management, NVQ Level 4 Spectator Safety qualification or equivalent
- Experience of developing robust audit and review processes
- Experience of presenting and influencing
- Understanding of the Equality Act in relation to disability discrimination issues
- Understanding of transport management and transport stakeholders
- Understanding of estate management and regeneration
- Full clean driving licence
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.