About the venue
Kai Tak Sports Park Ltd. (KTSPL) has been awarded the contract for the design, build, construction and operation of the Kai Tak Sports Park.
With an area of around 28 hectares, Kai Tak Sports Park anchors the redevelopment of the former airport site, and offers a world class destination for all interests.
Once completed, Kai Tak Sports Park will be the most important sports infrastructure development in Hong Kong, and will help achieve three broad objectives – to promote sports in the community, to support elite sports and to make Hong Kong a hub for major international sports events.
Kai Tak Sports Park will provide venues for international competitions and large-scale sports events, quality public sports facilities, a leisure park, retail and dining outlets, and a wellness centre for the enjoyment of athletes and the general public. In addition to hosting a wide range of top-level sports events, Kai Tak Sports Park helps address the demand for venues to hold entertainment and other large scale community events.
About the company
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centres and performing arts venues. ASM Global Asia Pacific operates a network of venues in locations including Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Darwin, Cairns, Newcastle, Christchurch, Kuala Lumpur, China, Hong Kong, Bahrain and the UAE.
About the role
You will be a key member of the KTSP ICT team working as part of the project delivery team whilst also being involved in complex design workshops to facilitate the smooth transition towards the operational commencement date of the precinct. We’re looking for someone with a technical background that understands venue technology from design to inception combined with an analytical mind and an understanding of project management methodologies.
You will be responsible for planning and managing the venues technology as we move through the implementation phase of the project. This will include being responsible for the network, wireless, AV and security solutions being deployed across the precinct. Working closely with the technology partners to fine tune their designs and liaising with the construction team to ensure the smooth transition from pre-production to the production environment of each of these venue solutions.
Experience of working with technology within a venue is essential and any exposure to ERP, CRM, HR and Venue Booking Systems would be an added bonus. Client facing skills are a must and any experience of line management or mentoring junior members would be an added benefit but is not essential for the role.
This is a unique role where you’ll get to shape the technology solutions that run the precinct and an opportunity to work with some cutting-edge systems across the three venues making this world class facility a huge success globally.
- Work alongside the Director of Technology & Digital to ensure all venue solutions are fit for purpose, adhere to the relevant standards and add value to the overall ICT strategy.
- Facilitate all activities related to running a project from inception to closure whilst ensuring proper governance.
- Proactively foster an environment of collaboration among multiple work streams including all aspects of systems implementation, analysis and design, configuration and test, through deployment and business transition
- Manage and proactively escalate project issues, risks, and actions.
- Responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using a combination of waterfall and agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
- Work with key project leads and stakeholders to understand and capture all key activities, deliverables, key milestones, dependencies and critical constraints.
- Become the subject matter expert around venue technology and provide direction and guidance to the wider ICT team as we transition through the project phases.
- 3+ years of experience working in venues with multiple technology partners managing complex projects in a high-tech environment with multi-function teams.
- Commercially aware with a focus of delivering on time, to scope and to budget, and an ability to understand client requirements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, capable of presenting work and leading meetings on next steps
- Ability to assess risks and issues, identifying the root cause and delivering solutions
- Ability to engage in technical conversations in a productive manner, and ensure the conversations are kept in line with business requirements
- A proven track record of successfully implementing technology within venues and a solid understanding of the integration between systems on prem and in the cloud.
- Experience in hosting different types of events and an understanding of the event owners requirements upon the technology for each event.
- Fastidious when it comes to documentation making sure all changes are incorporated in the Systems Management Manual.
- Experience of mixed vendor environments, vendor management, product life cycle, and technology implementations.
- Attention to detail and continuous improvement
- Well-developed problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good command in both spoken and written English
- Proficiency in Chinese would be an advantage
- Excellent demand management, planning, organisation, and prioritisation skills
- Provide guidance, support and advice to the Senior Management Team, functional groups and teams across the business as required
- Input into the preparation of a rolling multi-year plan for ICT development and improvement into the Operations Stage
Working in the venue and event industry means supporting the delivery of events across our event calendar. This means that weekend, evening and public holiday work will be required.