We’re on a mission to create the best live music experience in the UK.
Co-op Live will offer a warm Manchester welcome to over 23,000 fans and amazing artists. With innovative smart ‘bowl’ design, cutting edge visual and acoustic technology, plus 32 amazing bars and restaurants and 12 premium lounges and clubs, we’re creating a unique space for the people of Manchester and beyond. World class, planet friendly and all in the heart of our local vibrant community.
Co-op Live is looking for an industry leader to deliver the strategic and commercial ticketing aims for the UK’s largest music arena as our Ticketing Director.
Reporting to the Executive Director & General Manager, you will be a dynamic ticketing professional with demonstrated leadership experience in a large-scale sports or entertainment environments.
You will ultimately build, develop and lead a dynamic ticketing team tasked with harnessing the power of data, sales analytics, and technology to deliver outstanding results. You will need to have a great problem-solving approach and commitment to providing superior customer service to our artists, clients, partners and fans.
In leading the ticketing function for Co-op Live, you will guide the team that delivers the end-to-end ticketing function and lead on all our key stakeholder relationships within the ticketing eco-system.
- Develop and deliver Co-op Live’s Ticketing Strategy, which provides an awesome yet seamless experience for our fans and delivers against our key stakeholder commitments
- Be a positive collaborator and contributor to the Co-op Live Senior Leadership team, working in partnership to build great relationships and exceed our stakeholder expectations
- Build strong relationships with promoters to provide support that maximises ticketing sales for their events
- Positively promote working practices across all internal departments to create a dynamic delivery of our ticketing operations
- Take the lead on delivering the ultimate fan experience with first class customer service via Co-op Live and our partners
- Lead and develop our premium ticketing experience to ensure it delivers on the needs of our thriving premium and hospitality fan base
- Ensure that Co-op Live develops and operates a market leading CRM solution which enables us to maximise sales and delight fans with best-in-class communications
- Lead on and interrogate our data, analysing information to continuously improve what we do, alongside applying industry knowledge to maximise ticketing yields for artists/promoters through pricing, upsells and perfecting the on-sale process
- Represent Co-op Live at key ticketing events and conferences
- To have a genuine passion for creating a planet friendly space, challenging the norm, driving positive change
What Co-op Live will give to you
Alongside the benefit of working with an awesome team of talented people, we want to help you get the best out of your work and have a work life balance.
- Provide you with development opportunities and regular one to ones
- Key objectives for you to succeed in your role
- Your general wellbeing is at the forefront of our minds, we understand the importance of balancing work and personal commitments
- This is an office base role, it’s really important we work together to mobilise the biggest music and live entertainment arena in the UK
- Working 5 out of 7 days – this may include evenings and weekends
Salary: Competitive salary and bonus package
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employer pension scheme
- Private Health Care scheme – Vitality
- Life Assurance 4 x basic salary
- Eyecare vouchers
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family 24hrs, 7 days per week when you need the service
- Company sick pay scheme
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Office fruit & snacks
- Team social events
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We’re looking for a proven achiever who has experience across all commercial, marketing and operational areas of a large scale ticketing operations.
- Demonstrate a strong industry knowledge & experience
- A strong leader, who can influence and inspire others building great relationships
- Significant experience managing high value budgets
- Strong strategic thinker with positive influencing skills
- An infectious can-do approach
- Thrive when its buzzing and show resilience to achieve awesome results
- A key team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
- Analytically focused – enjoys working with data and taking positive action to drive improvements
- Results focused, driving exceptional results through your team and others
- Industry knowledge and networking essential
- You need to be planned and organised and flex around various changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Our venue is for the fans, the artists, everyone! Attracting a diverse workforce which reflects our local community is what will make our venue the best music venue in the UK!
We understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence.