We’re on a mission to create the best live music experience in the UK.
Co-op Live will offer a warm Manchester welcome to over 23,000 fans and amazing artists. With innovative smart ‘bowl’ design, cutting edge visual and acoustic technology, plus 32 amazing bars and restaurants and 12 premium lounges and clubs, we’re creating a unique space for the people of Manchester and beyond. World class, planet friendly and all in the heart of our local vibrant community.
As we gear up to opening our doors, we’re looking for a Training Manager. To lead on the on the planning, development, co-ordination, and delivery of all training for our venue teams.
You will deliver training which energises our people and drives the best in class fan experience.
- Lead on the design and delivery of the Co-op Live induction for all event teams with exceptional customer service underpinning everything we do
- Work in partnership with the Operations team including Venue Management, Security and Health & Safety to design and deliver training for the event teams – including stewards, hosts and supervisors
- Develop a portfolio of training that will include eLearning, face to face, external specialist and formal qualification training for opening the arena and then develop an annual training schedule
- Manage the implementation of the Learning Management System to drive automation
- Co-ordinate all event team training requirements in readiness for opening so that each team member has the relevant training to work an event
- Inspire the event teams to deliver the ultimate fan experience in everything that they do
- Develop a “Train the Trainer” program to upskill supervisors and managers in the delivery of core training to our teams
- Support the training and development of our graduate and apprenticeship programs to support grassroots talent into the music, entertainment, and hospitality industry
- Proactively schedule and manage all annual training renewal requirements via the Learning Management System
What Co-op Live will give to you
Alongside the benefit of working with an awesome team of talented people, we want to help you get the best out of your work and have a work life balance.
- Provide you with development opportunities and regular one to ones
- Key objectives for you to succeed in your role
- Your general wellbeing is at the forefront of our minds, we understand the importance of balancing work and personal commitments
- This is an office base role, it’s really important we work together to mobilise the biggest music and live entertainment arena in the UK
- Working 5 out of 7 days – this may require evenings and weekends
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employer pension scheme
- Private Health Care scheme – Vitality
- Life Assurance 4 x basic salary
- Eyecare vouchers
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family 24hrs, 7 days per week when you need the service
- Company sick pay scheme
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Office fruit & snacks
- Team social events
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in delivering volume training
- Experience in delivering compliant training
- Understanding of current NVQ funding routes
- Extensive experience in designing and delivering training
- You’ll be an excellent communicator, with a passion for inspiring others
- Great customer service experience
- An infectious can-do approach to training and customer service
- Great knowledge of training techniques
- Thrive when its buzzing, taking control and delivering awesome results
- A team player who enjoys working in a high achieving, fast paced environment
- Flexible approach, able to flex and adapt as and when needed
- Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and champion creativity
- CIPD qualification – level 5
- Experience in events, stadium or hospitality
- Knowledge of venue management and training requirements
Our venue is for the fans, the artists, everyone! Attracting a diverse workforce which reflects our local community is what will make our venue the best music venue in the UK!
We understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence.