GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Work with CSC Director of Operations and venue management team to develop and implement event operations plan and execute crowd management plan for Capital One Arena, in downtown Washington DC, home to the Washington Capitals and Washington Wizards. Venue will host over 200 events per year, and CSC will be the exclusive provider of crowd management services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Delivers CSC and venue specific trainings for supervisors and staff.
- Develops staffing plan, deployments, and event estimates for the venue.
- Communicates with and “brief” event staff.
- Manages supervisors/staff responsible for event coordination activities.
- Coordinates details of events.
- Ensures staff is adequately prepared for event.
- Coordinates with client to ensure the best way to carry out an event.
- Prepares all paperwork, uniforms and equipment needed for event is available and the tasks assigned are completed as planned.
- Is present during the event and handles issues and problems as they arise before, during and after event.
- Ensures that all timelines /deadlines are met and produce satisfying results for the client.
- Potential oversight of supplemental building security guards on event and non-event days.
- Attends meetings and maintains constant flow of communication with client.
- Walking significant distances, including up and down stairs, as may be needed to roam throughout the venue.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Five years of related work experience, three years of general experience in security, law enforcement or military police and a high school level education; or two years related work experience and Bachelor or Associate degree; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- General knowledge of computer operation, Microsoft Office Products; Must become proficient in company Workforce Management System.
- Ability to maintain good client/customer relations and work in a team setting.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, applicants, customers or organisation.
- Possess good verbal/written communication skills and people management skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced, high pressure environment and make sound decisions fast.
- Work necessary hours needed to complete job preparation plus event hours.
- Complete mandated industry trainings as assigned.