Title: Vice President, Fan Engagement
Reports To: EVP, Business Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Sacramento Kings strive to improve and evolve every aspect of the way sports teams do business, and data-driven decision making serves as the engine behind much of the team’s innovation. The Vice President, Fan Engagement will lead and develop one of the most sophisticated and forward-thinking marketing and business analytics groups in professional sports and will be tasked with harnessing the power of data, applied analytics, and technology to drive results across all business units. This leader will be expected to further develop the best-in-class analytical capabilities of the Kings organization and to grow the scope of responsibilities of the function across all business lines to further support senior leadership.
This role extends far beyond the business of basketball and will have exposure to a broad range of functions and business units. Mining and leveraging the data, this role leads Kings’ and Golden 1 Center’s overall marketing including creating, implementing and measuring integrated marketing campaigns to increase revenue. Developing and executing brand campaigns and season-long grassroots marketing initiatives to enhance Kings brand standing and strengthen brand sentiment in the community. Manage Creative Services team covering all production of marketing and event collateral.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA’s):
Oversee a broad range of functional responsibilities critical to business operations, including:
- Forecasting, Reporting, and Data Visualization
- Predictive Analytics/Modeling, Lead Scoring, and Retention Strategy
- Pricing Strategies
- Reporting/Data Visualization
- CRM and Email Marketing
- Customer Research and Customer Segmentation
- Marketing Analytics and Channel Strategy
- Product Development
- Customer Loyalty
- Responsible for developing strategic marketing plans and programs to help:
- Increase paid ticket sales, sponsorship revenue, sponsorship activation, and concert revenue
- Improve tailoring of marketing and sales efforts by deepening understanding of fan segments and individual fans
- Leverage technology to enhance fan experience
- Grow ancillary revenue streams (merchandise, food & beverage, parking, etc.)
- Collaborate with the ticket sales and partnerships team to maximize revenue generating opportunities that support renewals, new sales and retention programs.
- Work in partnership with the analytics team to evaluate ROI of campaigns, institute test and control methodologies, and utilize survey data to inform strategies.
- Lead and manage the Analytics team, promoting growth and development.
- Liason between the various business unit managers to ensure effective cross-utilization of our assets in a manner that optimizes enterprise revenues such as Kings Guard Gaming eSports initiative.
- Provide strategic and analytical support when evaluating new business opportunities.
- Create actionable insight and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address business objectives.
- Collaborate with all business functions and provide leadership/support by developing data-driven strategies and recommendations that help them exceed business targets.
- Work directly senior leadership to identify key business opportunities and address critical business challenges.
- Manage creative team and agency/vendor relationships. Write creative and media briefs providing clear direction on all campaigns and events.
- Lead cross-functional teams on an assortment of campaigns and activities. Able to champion a vision across disparate groups.
- Drive marketing strategies through segmentation analyses of customer base. Cultivate and maintain a keen understanding of our customers and market.
- Identify changes in the marketplace pro-actively and adjust marketing plans accordingly to meet objectives and fall within budget.
- Develop and prioritize team technology marketing goals, including e-marketing initiatives. Efforts include the prioritization of web-based marketing opportunities, focus toward impacting the core audiences, as well as the conceptual development of web-based brand extension programs to impact our corporate and ticket sales initiatives.
- Effectively develop and manage all marketing budgets.