Take That will be the first music act to perform at Liverpool’s Anfield stadium in 10 years when they take to the stage in 2019.
The English pop group will play at the venue, home of English Premier League football club Liverpool, on June 6 as part of a 30th anniversary tour that includes 38 dates.
Confirmation of the Take That gig comes after Liverpool last month revealed that it had been granted temporary planning permission to stage music concerts and other major events at Anfield.
The ruling, approved by the city council, will enable the club to host six events over a period of two years from May 2019.
At the time, the club said this was in line with plans to offer more cultural and sporting events to supporters, the city of Liverpool and those visiting the area.
Take That formed in 1990 as a five-member boy band, but has downsized over the years to three members: Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen. Robbie Williams and Jason Orange were also previously part of the group.
In a statement, the band said: “It’s a real honour for us to be able to play Anfield, such an historic ground and venue. The Liverpool audiences have always been incredible.”
Tickets for the Take That gig, the first concert confirmed as part of the six-event series, go on sale at 9.30am BST this Friday.
Image: Marc E.